Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri October 25, 2013
Woodford Reserve To Revamp Visitors' Center, Add Tasting Room
Woodford Reserve says it plans to renovate the visitors' center at its bourbon distillery in central Kentucky.
Its parent company, Louisville-based Brown-Forman Corp., said Thursday it expects to invest more than $1.5 million in the upgrade and expansion at the scenic distillery near Versailles. The work will include a tasting room, enhancements to retail space and other improvements.
Work is expected to begin in November. Woodford Reserve will receive tax incentives for the project.
Woodford Reserve was introduced in 1996, and the distillery opened the same year.
The number of visitors to the distillery has grown steadily, with about 135,000 people visiting the site last year.
The most recent expansion at the distillery was completed in 2003.