Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri April 27, 2012
Woman Sues Dentist, Says She Swallowed Tool
LEXINGTON, Ky. - A central Kentucky woman is suing a dentist, accusing him of dropping a small screwdriver down her throat that later required surgery to remove.
In a suit filed Thursday in Fayette Circuit Court in Lexington, 71-year-old Lena David says the screwdriver ended up in her digestive tract, where surgeons at St. Joseph Hospital later removed it.
David is asking for an undisclosed amount of damages from Dr. W.B. Galbreath of Lexington.
The file includes an X-ray, purported to be David's, which shows the silhouette of the screwdriver in her pelvic region. David's attorney, Edwin H. Clark, declined to comment on the case. Galbraith did not immediately return a message left at his office Friday by The Associated Press.