Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
Sun December 9, 2012
Woman Struck, Killed By Lexington Fire Truck
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Police are investigating the death of a pedestrian who was struck in downtown Lexington by s Lexington fire truck that was not on an emergency call.
Fayette County Coroner's office on Sunday identified the woman who was killed as 27-year-old Lauren Roady, of Washington, D.C., and the Lexington Herald-Leader reports an autopsy is scheduled for Sunday in Frankfort.
Police Lt. Richard Willoby said Roady died after being struck by Engine 9 at the corner of Broadway and Main Street about 10:15 p.m. on Saturday. He said the fire engine was on its way to a hospital to pick up their crew, but its lights and sirens were not activated.
Police were reviewing surveillance camera footage in the area to determine where Roady was walking when she was struck.