Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed March 20, 2013
Wildcats Get Another High-Ranking Recruit For Next Year
LEXINGTON, Ky. – The number two ranked high school prospect in the country is joining the Kentucky Wildcats. 6’9” power forward Julius Randle picked UK over Kansas, Florida, and Texas.
The senior from Prestonwood Christian Academy in Plano, TX, announced his decision at his high school just after 1pm.
A foot injury cost Randle much of his senior season, but he returned to lead his team to a state championship and will play in the McDonald’s All-American game in April.
He joins a talented freshman recruiting class widely considered to be the best in the nation.
Kentucky failed to make the NCAA Tournament and lost to Robert Morris in the opening round of the National Invitation Tournament.