Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon August 27, 2012
Webb Companies Buy Back Victorian Square Property
LEXINGTON, Ky. - The Developer that brought Victorian Square to fruition in downtown Lexington nearly thirty years ago has reportedly repurchased the property.
According to a press release from the Webb Companies, the firm has partnered with Cincinnati-based Jeffrey R. Anderson Real Estate to buy back the mixed use complex from owners, Alex Campbell and Bill Young Jr.
Chairman Dudley Webb goes on to say that the historic downtown block at the corner of Main and Broadway is overdue for a re-invention and the Jeffrey Anderson firm, which is currently wrapping up a major mixed-use project along Cincinnati’s riverfront, possesses the vision and resources to transform the venue.
Anderson Real Estate Vice President Mark Fallon says his goal is to make Victorian Square “a place to see and be seen, whether you live within 50 miles of Lexington or are traveling to visit one of the Lexington area’s great attractions.”