Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed November 27, 2013
Wanted--Smiling Happy People Who Can Ring Bells
If you’re looking for a way to give back this holiday season, the Salvation Army needs you!
Major Debbie Ashcraft with the Salvation Army hopes you will consider spending a few hours with a bell and a red kettle.
The Salvation Army’s Kettle Campaign is the largest fundraiser for the organization and the money raised is a large portion of the yearly budget. Major Debbie Ashcraft says this year, there aren’t enough bell ringers to run all of the stands and she’s asking for your help to reach their goal of $480,000. Ashcraft says that money is used to fund the emergency shelter that houses women and children year-round; offering food, clothing, child care and training to become self sufficient members of the community.
If you aren’t able to stand at a Salvation Army Red Kettle station, Ashcraft says there is a new on-line version. There you can make a monetary donation and ask your family and friends to add a donation to your kettle. To create your own on-line kettle log on to http://www.salvationarmylex.org