Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri January 10, 2014
Walker's Book On Medgar Evers Captures NAACP Nomination
Kentucky Poet Laureate Frank X. Walker's book on Civil Rights activist Medgar Evers has been nominated as an outstanding literary work by the NAACP.
The honors for Kentucky’s Poet Laureate Frank X. Walker continue to pour in.
Walker’s book, “Turn Me Loose: The Unghosting of Medgar Evers” has been nominated as an outstanding work of poetry in the 45th annual NAACP Image Awards.
The winners will be announced on, or before February 22nd.
A full list of nominees can be found here.