Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed December 4, 2013
Visitor's Bureau Rebrands Itself
Lexington's Convention and Visitor's Bureau is changing its name to VisitLex.
The group surveyed a variety of city's tourism websites, finding only four branding themselves as convention and visitor's bureau's. In order to make their name less confusing to "leisure consumers," the Bureau decided upon VisitLex. President Jim Browder says the change not only matches the group's domain name. but will also consolidate Lexington's various attractions under one brand.
"Here we have multiple brands, like Bourbon’s of the Bluegrass, the Bluegrass Trail, Beyond Grits, and our concern was not so much the name change as these sub-brands, so to speak, with people recognizing the Bluegrass Trail as Lexington, Kentucky," he said."
The brand's logo will consist of a blue horse, which is based off an Edward Troye painting of the thoroughbred "Lexington." Underneath will be VisitLex, printed in the style of brass nameplates used on horse halters. Browder says the name change should be complete in about a year.