Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Fri June 21, 2013
Valley View Ferry Reducing Hours
RICHMOND, Ky.-- A ferry in central Kentucky plans to stop weekend service and reduce hours on weekdays due to a shortage of qualified captains.
The Richmond Register reports the reduced hours for the Valley View Ferry will begin on June 29. The ferry travels between Madison, Fayette and Jessamine counties.
The announcement was made Thursday by Valley View Ferry Authority officials Roger Barger and George Dean. They said one of the ferry's two captains is leaving on June 29.
The men said they authority has advertised since January for another captain, but they haven't had any luck finding a local, qualified candidate.
Dean said that Valley View is the second-busiest ferry in the state, taking an average of 350 vehicles a day over the Kentucky River.