Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
Mon March 15, 2010
Urban League Gets A Million Dollars For Computer Training Initiative
By Kolder - Lytle
Lexington, KY – More Lexingtonians will soon be able to have access to the internet thanks to a 1.1 million dollar Federal Grant.
The money will be used to help train people in Lexington neighborhoods on how to use and navigate the World Wide Web.
Sixth District Congressmen Ben Chandler says the money comes from last year's economic stimulus package.
Urban League President P.G. Peeples, says that the grant will help those who have been particularly hit hard by the economic crisis.
City officials say they expect the project to be fully operational by summer.