Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue November 4, 2008
Urban County Council Race Results Feature Few Surprises
By Bryan Bartlett
Lexington, KY – In the Third District race, Diane Lawless will take the seat being vacated by Dick DeCamp, who could not run again because of term limits. Lawless defeated Eric Thomason with 63 percent of the vote. In District five, Cheryl Blanton Feigel narrowly defeated Edward Norton III by less than 1 percent of the vote. She'll take the seat vacated by incumbent Doctor David Stevens. K-C Crosbie held on to her District Seven seat by defeating challenger Chris Logan. And in the 11th District, Peggy Henson keeps her seat after handily defeating Logan Weiller the Third by 15 points.
In the District Judge Race, Incumbent Judge Julie Goodman will hold on to the 22nd Judicial District, 4th division seat. In a field of 8, she received 22.67 of the vote. Her closes challenger, John Tackett received 19.92 percent of the vote.