Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Fri June 22, 2012
Urban County Council Passes Budget
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Lexington’s Urban County Council has given its final approval to the fiscal year 2013 budget.
The $289 million dollar spending plan passed by a vote of 10 to 4 Thursday night with little discussion. It includes a 2.5 percent raise for city employees, but no raises for city council members or the mayor and vice mayor. A final vote was required before June 30th.
Council members voting “no” on the budget include Doug Martin, Jay McChord, George Myers, and KC Crosbie.