Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Tue October 16, 2012
Unions, Lawyers Give Big to Super PAC Helping Democrats Defend State House
FRANKFORT, Ky. - A Super PAC that is helping defend Democrats is Kentucky state House races has raised nearly a quarter of a million dollars. And with two weeks left until Election Day, Kentucky Public Radio’s Kenny Colston reports on who is helping fund the initiative.
Kentucky Family Values is helping Democrats beat back the GOP’s attempt to take control of the House.
The group is polling and running radio ads against Republican candidates in competitive districts. And it’s doing so with a hefty war chest.
Financing this campaign are the usual Democratic funders: teacher’s unions, lawyers and trade unions.
So far, the National Education Association has donated fifty thousand dollars. So has the Kentucky Education Association. And in a close second is the Kentucky Justice Association, a group of trial lawyers.
And while two GOP-leaning PACs have announced they may get involved, their spending hasn’t been as large.