Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Sun March 25, 2012
UK Women Beat Gonzaga, Will Face UConn In The Elite Eight
KINGSTON, R.I. (AP) — Keyla Snowden made five 3-pointers, hitting a pair of them to turn back Gonzaga's last charge as Kentucky beat the Zags 79-62 on Sunday to advance to the East Regional finals of the NCAA women's tournament.
Snowden had 17 points, going 5 of 9 from 3-point range, and Samarie Walker scored 16 with 12 rebounds for No. 2 seed Kentucky, which will play top-seeded Connecticut on Tuesday for a spot in the Final Four in Denver. UConn beat Penn State 77-59 earlier in the day.
It's the second trip to the regional finals for Kentucky (28-6) in three years.
Kayla Standish scored 25 for No. 11 seed Gonzaga (28-6), which reached the round of 16 for the third consecutive year.