Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Wed August 21, 2013
UK - U of L Football Game Will Close The Season In 2014
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Kentucky's 2014 football schedule will move some old foes up on the calendar to accommodate another rival.
The Wildcats' annual season finale against Tennessee will instead be their next-to-last contest in Knoxville on Nov. 15, ending an arrangement with the Volunteers dating back to 1953. In its place is a showdown at in-state rival Louisville (Nov. 29), which Kentucky often faced in September including several openers.
Kentucky's annual meeting against Vanderbilt will also be played earlier, moving from November to Sept. 27 at Commonwealth Stadium.
The Wildcats begin their Southeastern Conference schedule at Florida (Sept. 13) and will also travel to LSU and Missouri. Their home SEC opponents are South Carolina, Mississippi State and Georgia.
Kentucky opens on Aug. 30 against Tennessee-Martin and will host non-league games against Ohio and Louisiana-Monroe.
Here is Kentucky’s complete 2014 schedule:
Aug. 30 UT Martin
Sept. 6 Ohio University
Sept. 13 at Florida
Sept. 20 open
Sept. 27 Vanderbilt
Oct. 4 South Carolina
Oct. 11 ULM
Oct. 18 at LSU
Oct. 25 Mississippi State
Nov. 1 at Missouri
Nov. 8 Georgia
Nov. 15 at Tennessee
Nov. 22 open
Nov. 29 at Louisville