Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
Tue October 27, 2009
UK Trustees Ignore Protests Vote To Accept Coal Money
By Alan Lytle
Lexington, KY – Things got a little lively during the University of Kentucky's Board of Trustees meeting on Tuesday. About 30 protestors were urging board members to reject a 7 million dollar gift from a pro-coal group known as the "Difference Makers" that would be used to construct new dormitory facilities for the UK Men's basketball team. Alan Lytle reports...