Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri March 2, 2012
UK Students Gear Up For Dance Blue
LEXINGTON, Ky. - University of Kentucky students are preparing for their largest philanthropic event of the year this weekend.
Students tape posters to the railings, paint displays, and ready the stage for Dance Blue, an event that began in 2006 and has since grown into a massive undertaking.
"It's an incredible thing to see. It's really one of those things you can't describe with words," says Clay Stanley, 2012 Dance Blue chair.
Stanley says more than 700 dancers are expected this year for the round-the-clock dance off, which features a synchronized line dance, and different themes every hour. The real show, however, is a show of support – for the UK Pediatric Oncology Clinic. Last year, Dance Blue raised over 670-thousand dollars for the cause.
"It's just an amazing thing to see at the very end when we reveal our final total and we do our last dance," Stanley says.
The event begins Friday at 8 PM.