Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
Thu August 22, 2013
UK Puts More Restrictions On What Fans Can Bring Into Commonwealth
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- University of Kentucky officials have announced a new security policy that bans backpacks and large bags from Commonwealth Stadium.
Fans are allowed one small bag no bigger than 13.5 by 10.7 inches that must fit within sizing bins at stadium gates.
The measure announced Thursday takes effect with Kentucky's Sept. 7 home opener against Miami (Ohio).
A release from the school states the new measures were taken in response to recent national events and security trends for large gatherings. Kentucky's backpacks ban adds to a list of prohibited items including alcohol, tobacco, aluminum and glass containers, ice chests and artificial noisemakers.
Fans are also urged to arrive early and bring few items inside Commonwealth.