Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Thu August 22, 2013
UK Puts More Restrictions On What Fans Can Bring Into Commonwealth
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- University of Kentucky officials have announced a new security policy that bans backpacks and large bags from Commonwealth Stadium.
Fans are allowed one small bag no bigger than 13.5 by 10.7 inches that must fit within sizing bins at stadium gates.
The measure announced Thursday takes effect with Kentucky's Sept. 7 home opener against Miami (Ohio).
A release from the school states the new measures were taken in response to recent national events and security trends for large gatherings. Kentucky's backpacks ban adds to a list of prohibited items including alcohol, tobacco, aluminum and glass containers, ice chests and artificial noisemakers.
Fans are also urged to arrive early and bring few items inside Commonwealth.