Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue March 12, 2013
UK Provost Search Enters Interview Phase
LEXINGTON, Ky. - After a national search that resulted in applications from more than 70 candidates, the UK provost search committee has narrowed the pool down to a small group for confidential off-campus interviews.
Search committee co-chair Dr. Mike Reid says there was a focus on candidates with strong academic leadership as well as identifying women and minority candidates.
“I think we have a fair amount of intellectual diversity, ethnic diversity, gender-based diversity that makes the pool really exciting.”
Two-to-five finalists will be recommended next month to UK President Eli Capilouto.
“Any finalist for this job, their name will be public, they will come to campus, they will be vetted by leadership, by faculty. They will have public forums in which the UK community gets a chance to meet these people and get to know who they are,” says Reid.
The provost is the chief academic officer for the university, overseeing scholarly programs and research.
UK has had an interim provost since Kumble Subbaswamy left to become chancellor of the University of Massachusetts-Amherst last summer.