Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu September 13, 2012
UK Police After "Foot Puncturer"
LEXINGTON, Ky. - University of Kentucky police are investigating a third report of foot puncturing at the W.T. Young Library. Two students in the spring of 2011 and one two days ago have reported having their foot pricked with an unknown object while seated at a cubicle.
"Right now it's still too early for us to determine if they're connected, but they are very similar," says UK Police Chief Joe Monroe.
Monroe says all the incidents have resulted in only minor injuries and police are still working to piece together a picture of the suspect or suspects.
"The descriptions we've had are basically just people that were in the area that looked suspicious. We're not 100 percent sure that we got descriptions of the people that were responsible for it," Monroe says.
The most recent report took place at 8 PM Tuesday on the second floor of the library.