Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Fri April 10, 2009
UK Mourning Loss Of Wildcat Great - Staff Trustee
By Alan Lytle
Lexington, KY – Former University of Kentucky Wildcat Great, Mike Casey died of heart complications at Vanderbilt Medical Center. He was 60. Casey was the leading scorer at UK as a sophomore in the 1967-68 sason. A car accident sidelined him for the 1969-70 campaign, but he returned a year later and finished his Kentucky career with over 1,500 points; making him the thirteenth all time leading scorer at UK. Funeral arrangements for Mike Casey are pending.
The UK Campus Community is also preparing to say goodbye to long-time staff trustee Russ Williams who died earlier this week after struggling with illness, including a brain tumor. Williams had been with the university since 1990, most recently as senior training specialist in the UK Human Resources Department. In 1998 Williams was elected to a newly-created position of staff trustee. He was in his fourth term at the time of his death. In a campus-wide email, UK President Lee Todd describes Williams as a dear friend and loyal advocate of the university, who will be sorely missed, but never forgotten. A memorial service for Russ Williams will be held Friday April 24th at 4pm in the Worsham Theatre of the UK Student Center.