Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- WUKY's Phoenix Fridays... presented by Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals
- Kentucky Adventures: Experiencing The Bourbon Trail
Mon February 27, 2012
UK Linebacker Ridge Wilson Dismissed From Team Following Drug Arrest
LEXINGTON, Ky. - University of Kentucky junior linebacker Ridge Wilson has been dismissed from the team following a drug trafficking arrest in Louisville early Sunday morning.
According to a police citation, officers arrested Wilson after finding him parked early Sunday morning on the side of a downtown street in a known drug trafficking area.
Police say Wilson mentioned several times he played for Kentucky but gave consent to search the car. An officer found a pair of jeans with a bag of Xanax pills in the pants.
Officers say the 21-year-old Wilson was carrying $1,947 in cash at the time of his arrest.
Wilson lettered twice while playing in 24 games for the Wildcats.