Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
Tue May 26, 2009
UK Law Professor Predicts Bumpy But Successful Confirmation For Sotomayor
Lexington, KY – Paul Salamanca clerked for outgoing Supreme Court Justice David Souter before joining the UK faculty some 14 years ago. Salamanca says Judge Sotomayor may have to counter Republican assertions that she has a tendency to "legislate from the bench". Professor Salamanca says unless conservative opponents uncover some particularly damaging personal or professional information on Judge Sotomayor, he predicts she will ultimately be confirmed to the highest court in the land.