Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue May 26, 2009
UK Law Professor Predicts Bumpy But Successful Confirmation For Sotomayor
Lexington, KY – Paul Salamanca clerked for outgoing Supreme Court Justice David Souter before joining the UK faculty some 14 years ago. Salamanca says Judge Sotomayor may have to counter Republican assertions that she has a tendency to "legislate from the bench". Professor Salamanca says unless conservative opponents uncover some particularly damaging personal or professional information on Judge Sotomayor, he predicts she will ultimately be confirmed to the highest court in the land.