Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri February 28, 2014
UK Launches Call Center, Issues Debit Cards In Wake Of Payroll Snafu
University of Kentucky officials are working to repair a banking glitch that delayed payment for up to 16,000 employees Friday.
UK spokesman Jay Blanton says UK employees bank with over 860 financial institutions and the university is doing it can to make sure payments are posted as soon as possible.
"We're establishing a call center where people can call for information about what banks have posted payment. If your payment is not posted, we're in the process now of putting together pre-paid debit cards that we'll be able to give to people who might have immediate needs over the weekend because they're not able to get their payment for the week," he says.
The call center number is (859) 257-9254.
Blanton says the university is also pledging to cover the cost of any fees incurred as a result of delayed payments or bounced checks. Also, PNC Bank has agreed allow UK staff and students to cash a personal check up to $200 with a UK ID and photo ID.
The university hopes to have a significant number of payments posted by the end of the business day Friday. The remainder may have to wait until Monday.
Employees are being directed to uky.edu for updates.