Most Active Stories
- Get ready... here comes the next WUKY Phoenix Friday... This Friday... featuring Ben Sollee.
- Electricians Aren't Magicians, But Their Rabbits Disappear, Too
- Opening Date For Urban Outfitters, Midway Program Announcement And Country Boy On BizLexChat
- Distillery District Abuzz, Ky. Companies Cash In At Valhalla, On BizLexChat
- Picnic With The Pops To Feature Songs Of Elton John
Fri March 21, 2014
UK To Hold Lecture on Military Force
The University of Kentucky will hold a lecture on the legality of military force Monday.
Entitled "Who Has the License to Kill?" it will discuss the constitutional restraints on the use of military force, conduct in war, and specific issues such as drone strikes and strategic bombing. Speakers will include Dr. Robert Farley, a military expert from UK's Patterson School of Diplomacy and International Commerce, and Dr. Nicole Huberfeld, a constitutional law professor at UK's College of Law.
The lecture is being sponsored by the International Law Society and Ex-Patt, a foreign affairs publication of the Patterson School. It will take place at noon in the College of Law's courtroom. The event is free and open to the public.
WUKY In Depth