Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri March 21, 2014
UK To Hold Lecture on Military Force
The University of Kentucky will hold a lecture on the legality of military force Monday.
Entitled "Who Has the License to Kill?" it will discuss the constitutional restraints on the use of military force, conduct in war, and specific issues such as drone strikes and strategic bombing. Speakers will include Dr. Robert Farley, a military expert from UK's Patterson School of Diplomacy and International Commerce, and Dr. Nicole Huberfeld, a constitutional law professor at UK's College of Law.
The lecture is being sponsored by the International Law Society and Ex-Patt, a foreign affairs publication of the Patterson School. It will take place at noon in the College of Law's courtroom. The event is free and open to the public.
WUKY In Depth