Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed October 7, 2009
UK Healthcare Cancels Drive Thru Flu Clinic
By Alan Lytle
Lexington, KY – The annual event was scheduled to take place next Wednesday and Thursday, but hospital safety officer Sharon Berry says vaccine suppliers have not been able to keep up with increasing demand for the shots. A release today from the Kentucky Department of Public Health classifies the shortage as "temporary" and says an adequate supply of seasonal flu vaccine will ultimately be available this year. Berry recommends people contact their local health department or primary physician's office to inquire about seasonal flu shots. Another option would be to visit a retail location offering the shots. The H1 N1 vaccine should be available to Kentuckians shortly.