Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- NBC News' Chuck Todd: Kentucky Poised To Become "Center Of Political Universe"
Tue January 12, 2010
UK Gets Fed Dollars To Research Battery Tech.
By Stu Johnson
Lexington, KY – It'll fund a 36 thousand square foot structure where scientists will also do biomass and biofuels research. The project at the Spindletop Research site includes a three million dollar state investment. Work at the Kentucky-Argonne National Battery Manufacturing Research and Development center focuses on plug in hybrid vehicles. The new lab should be on line by the fall of 2011.