Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Mon October 8, 2012
UK Football's Injuries Continue To Mount
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Kentucky freshman quarterback Patrick Towles will miss Saturday's Southeastern Conference game at Arkansas after sustaining a high right ankle sprain against Mississippi State.
Wildcats coach Joker Phillips Monday described Towles as "week to week," adding that senior Morgan Newton will back up freshman Jalen Whitlow against the Razorbacks (2-4, 1-2 SEC).
Towles relieved Whitlow on the third series of Saturday's 27-14 loss and was 5 for 5 on the drive for 71 yards, including a 32-yard touchdown to La'Rod King. Towles was injured just before halftime on a sack by Denico Autry.
It's the second QB injury in as many games for Kentucky (1-5, 0-3). Maxwell Smith is out indefinitely after tearing an ankle ligament. Phillips says freshman walk-on QB Jeff Witthuhn will travel with the team to Arkansas.