Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon December 9, 2013
UK A Capella Group Set To Debut On "The Sing-Off"
The University of Kentucky’s own acoUstiKats will perform for the first time on NBC’s The Sing-Off Monday night.
The 12-piece acoUstiKats were founded in 1993 and have since become a popular group in Lexington – now, their talents will be featured on a national stage. Though the group has performed around the world, the members say tonight’s debut on The Sing-Off will be their biggest challenge to date.
But even getting the chance was never a sure thing.
"Some of us were just like, well, that'll never happen, but you know what, let's give it a try anyway. What have we got to lose?" says AcoUstiKats member Evan Jennings Pulliam. "We went to Nashville, we auditioned, it went really well, and it happened. It's a dream come true. It's still surreal looking back on all the things that we've done to prepare for it, and we did it."
The Sing-Off airs tonight at 9 PM on NBC. The last group standing at the end of the season will be awarded a $100,000 prize and a recording contract with Epic Records and Sony Music.