Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
Tue May 14, 2013
UK Board Of Trustees OKs Purchase Of Lexington Theological Seminary Campus
LEXINGTON, Ky. - The University of Kentucky Board of Trustees has given the green light for the school to purchase the Lexington Theological Seminary’s 7-acre campus.
Lexington Theological Seminary has moved most of its instruction online and plans to relocate to a smaller area downtown. That, said UK Board of Trustee member James Stuckert, presented a golden opportunity for the university.
"They didn't need the space. We certainly did. They will continue to occupy the property through December 2013 to meet their fall semester educational commitments," Stuckert told the board.
Stuckert said campus includes 131,000 square feet of built space and will primarily be used as temporary space for the Gatton School of Business as it begins its renovation.
75 percent of the seminary’s housing has been occupied by UK students for the past 20 years.