Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue May 14, 2013
UK Board Of Trustees OKs Purchase Of Lexington Theological Seminary Campus
LEXINGTON, Ky. - The University of Kentucky Board of Trustees has given the green light for the school to purchase the Lexington Theological Seminary’s 7-acre campus.
Lexington Theological Seminary has moved most of its instruction online and plans to relocate to a smaller area downtown. That, said UK Board of Trustee member James Stuckert, presented a golden opportunity for the university.
"They didn't need the space. We certainly did. They will continue to occupy the property through December 2013 to meet their fall semester educational commitments," Stuckert told the board.
Stuckert said campus includes 131,000 square feet of built space and will primarily be used as temporary space for the Gatton School of Business as it begins its renovation.
75 percent of the seminary’s housing has been occupied by UK students for the past 20 years.