Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu June 20, 2013
U-S Education Secretary Set To Visit Kentucky, Ohio Thursday
MIDDLETOWN, Ohio -- The U.S. secretary of education is traveling to Kentucky and Ohio to promote President Barack Obama's proposal for a major expansion of early childhood education.
Secretary Arne Duncan's Thursday visit to the region includes a morning discussion at an early childhood education center in Louisville, Ky., and an anti-bullying forum in Cincinnati in the evening.
Duncan also plans to tour a children's center in Middletown, Ohio, and take part in an afternoon forum with Ohio education leaders on expanding children's early learning opportunities. Obama has proposed working with states to provide programs for all 4-year-olds and eventually all 3-year-olds.
In Cincinnati, Duncan will join the National PTA's evening town hall on bullying prevention.