Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Sun March 30, 2014
On On U of K, On To Play Wisconsin Saturday!
The Kentucky Wildcats defeated a game Michigan Wolverine squad to take the final spot in the NCAA Final Four.
Aaron Harrison made a 3-pointer from NBA range with 2.3 seconds left Sunday to lift Kentucky to a 75-72 win over Michigan and a trip to the Final Four.
Harrison, one of five freshmen on eighth-seeded Kentucky's starting lineup, elevated over Caris LeVert, and drained it. He scored all 12 of his points over the last 8:05.
Nik Stauskas missed a heave at the buzzer and the Wildcats (28-10) rushed off the bench and dogpiled Harrison at midcourt.
This will be Kentucky's 16th trip to the Final Four and it marks the first time an all-freshman starting lineup has made it there since the Fab Five took Michigan in 1992.
Kentucky plays Wisconsin Saturday in Texas.
Stauskas led the second-seeded Wolverines (28-9) with 24 points.