Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Tue October 1, 2013
Two Women File Suit Against Former Kentucky Lawmaker
FRANKFORT, Ky. -- Two legislative workers have filed a lawsuit accusing former state Rep. John Arnold of sexual harassment.
In a lawsuit filed Tuesday by attorney Thomas Clay, Yolanda Costner and Cassaundra Cooper say Arnold touched them inappropriately and made vulgar comments. Clay had said previously that he intended to file the suit on behalf of the women.
Arnold, who resigned as a lawmaker last month, has denied the allegations. He said in the resignation letter that he had been "destroyed politically" and could no longer be an effective voice for his constituents.
The Courier-Journal reports the lawsuit seeks compensatory damages, but doesn't list an exact amount.
Meanwhile, House Speaker Greg Stumbo has appointed a committee to investigate the allegations against Arnold.