Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri October 23, 2009
Two More Swine Flu Deaths Reported In KY
By Alan Lytle
Lexington, KY – Two more Kentuckians have died as a result of complications from the h1 n1 virus. State Epidemiologist Kraig Humbaugh says both individuals had underlying health problems. Humbaugh says h1n1 vaccines continue to trickle into the state. Because of that, Humbaugh says large scale vaccine clinics for the general public probably won't happen until sometime next month. In the meantime state health officials say they will continue to urge healthcare providers, pregnant women, and those with chronic health disorders to get the vaccine as soon as possible. Meanwhile, The Lexington Fayette County Health Department says it will hold a special clinic for children with chronic health problems on Saturday October 31st.