Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Mon February 10, 2014
Transportation Cabinet Starts New Web Portal
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet has launched a web portal that makes vast amounts of information available to the public.
With a click of a mouse, someone can find out how many electric vehicles are registered in Kentucky, how much was spent last year on highway projects in each county and where state-maintained bridges are located. The new Web portal is called Kentucky Transportation Cabinet DataMart. Other details accessible through the portal will include traffic counts, highway crash data and organizational performance measures.
State Transportation Secretary Mike Hancock says the information has always been available to the public, but the cabinet has created a single portal through which to access it. The portal was developed by the cabinet's Office of Information Technology.