Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu July 26, 2012
Training To Assist Veterans On Campus Offered
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- A Department of Defense psychology training consortium is offering a one-day program next month at the University of Kentucky for faculty and staff in Kentucky's higher education system.
The program is for employees who regularly work with student veterans and military students.
UK Veterans Resource Center Coordinator Anthony Dotson says it's the first time for the training to be offered in Kentucky. Dotson says Kentucky's student veterans don't succeed at the same rate as those outside the state, and the training may help address some of the causes.
For more information, contact Linda K. Hellmich at (859) 257-8701 or linda.hellmich(at)uky.edu; or Anthony Dotson at (859) 257-1148 or agdots2(at)uky.edu.