Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Sat March 24, 2012
Top Seeded Kentucky Rolls Past Indiana Into The Elite Eight
ATLANTA (AP) -- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist scored 24 points and Kentucky shook off a quiet night by freshman star Anthony Davis, pulling away from Indiana in a showdown of storied programs for a 102-90 victory Friday in the South Regional semifinals.
Davis wasn't a huge factor after picking up two early fouls, but the top-seeded Wildcats (35-2) had five other players in double figures.
Christian Watford had 27 points to lead the Hoosiers (27-9), whose comeback season ended two wins shy of the Final Four. Indiana, which won a total of 28 games the previous three seasons, has regained its usual place among the college basketball bluebloods.
But Big Blue is moving on to its third straight regional final. Kentucky will face Baylor on Sunday for a trip to the Final Four.