Most Active Stories
- Get ready... here comes the next WUKY Phoenix Friday... This Friday... featuring Ben Sollee.
- Electricians Aren't Magicians, But Their Rabbits Disappear, Too
- Opening Date For Urban Outfitters, Midway Program Announcement And Country Boy On BizLexChat
- Distillery District Abuzz, Ky. Companies Cash In At Valhalla, On BizLexChat
- Picnic With The Pops To Feature Songs Of Elton John
Tue January 28, 2014
Three Will Vie For Lex. Mayor In May
Two Lexingtonians will challenge Mayor Jim Gray for his office coming up in May.
And then there were three. Lexington Mayor Jim Gray was running unopposed in the upcoming election until Monday. BCTC Professor Danny Mayer filed to run, then today former Lexington Police Chief Anthany Beatty filed paperwork to become a candidate as well.
Beatty had been struggling with his decision over the past several days but once getting the green light from his family over the weekend…knew he wanted to throw his hat in the ring.
Both Gray and Beatty say they bring experience to the table…Gray with his term as vice-mayor that led directly into his role as mayor and Beatty with his years of service on the Lexington Police Force, ending with his position as Chief of Police. He now serves as Assistant Vice President of Campus Services at the University of Kentucky.