Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Thu November 21, 2013
Three Players Suspended From UK Football Team
Three players have been suspended from the UK football team for violating team rules.
Kentucky has suspended sophomore defensive back Cody Quinn and freshman defensive end Jason Hatcher for Saturday night's game at Georgia. Junior wide receiver Demarco Robinson is suspended indefinitely.
All were disciplined for violating team rules, but Wildcats football spokesman Tony Neely Thursday did not specify what rules were broken.
Kentucky (2-8, 0-6), trying to end a 14-game Southeastern Conference losing streak, faces a Georgia (6-4, 4-3) squad that has lost three of five.
Robinson was the Wildcats' third-leading receiver with 20 receptions for 213 yards and two touchdowns. He also returned 11 punts for 114 yards and five kickoffs for 128 yards.
Quinn has 26 tackles including 1.5 for loss and three pass breakups. Hatcher, a backup to team sacks leader Alvin Dupree, has 15 tackles and a sack.