Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue January 13, 2009
Three More Managers Out At Airport
Lexington, KY – WUKY News has learned that Director of operations John Coon, finance and administration director John Rhodes, and development and planning director John Slone, stepped down from their posts during the airport board's meeting this morning. Their departures follow the resignation of airport board executive director Michael Gobb earlier this month. Gobb's, and his staff's questionable spending practices, have been scrutinized by local media, as well as the state auditor's office. Earlier this morning, the airport's Board of Directors elected Robert Owens to replace Bernard Lovely as board chair.