Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri October 11, 2013
Thomas & King To Sell Applebee's Restaurants
Lexington restaurant management company Thomas & King announced Friday it is selling its Applebee's Grill and Bar franchise operations.
The company is expected to close the deal with RMH Franchise Corp out of Nebraska by the end of the year.
RMH is no stranger to the restaurant chain. It already owns 60 Applebee’s locations in 10 states. After acquiring the new restaurants from Thomas & King, it is expected to become the second-largest Applebee’s franchisee in the nation.
In a press release, RMH said it intends to hire many of the current Thomas & King employees while Thomas & King will focus on its Johnny Carino’s restaurants.
Thomas & King's CEO, Mike Scanlon, said in the release: "RMH will bring energy, expertise and a passion” to the restaurants. Scanlon, a former vice mayor, has said he is considering a run for mayor in 2014