Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- NBC News' Chuck Todd: Kentucky Poised To Become "Center Of Political Universe"
Wed October 30, 2013
They're All Smiles At LCT
Lexington Children’s Theatre has received the state’s highest distinction in the arts, the Governor's Arts Award.
This past summer Lexington Children’s Theatre began their 75th season with their rendition of the Broadway hit musical, SHREK. Now the group gets to top off their birthday cake with the 2013 Kentucky Governor’s Awards in the Arts for education.
Over the decades the Lexington Children’s Theatre’s education department has grown both in staff and outreach to the community. Shows tour across the state and perform for in-house student audiences on their main stage and at the Opera House nearly year round. There are also dozens of classes and workshops available to children in grades K through high school.
Producing and Artistic Directors (and husband and wife team) Larry and Vivian Snipes were in the State Capitol Rotunda yesterday to accept the award, nine other arts groups and contributors were honored as well.