Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Fri April 4, 2014
Terminated Employees Suing Midway College
Seven former Midway College employees are suing the private, liberal arts school claiming breach of contract and age discrimination.
The Lexington Herald-leader reports the seven plaintiffs who were terminated last fall all taught in Midway's School of Business. They say the school told them they were being let go because of lack of funding.
The plaintiffs dispute the contention that the college lacked the money to satisfy its contractual obligations. And they say younger, less qualifies people were assigned to take over their duties at the college.
Midway College is seeking to seal the entire record in the case, saying the measure is needed to prevent financial disclosures that could harm the school.
A judge will hear the motion to seal on Wednesday.