Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon March 18, 2013
Tempur-Pedic Acquires Sealy
LEXINGTON, Ky. - A major mattress and pillow manufacturer headquartered in Lexington is now officially the world’s largest bedding provider.
The deal was announced last September. Now Tempur-Pedic International has officially completed its acquisition of Sealy, creating a $2.7B global bedding provider. In a statement, Tempur-Pedic CEO Mark Sarvary praised the “shared know-how” of the companies, which will undergo a corporate name change with stockholder approval in May, becoming Tempur Sealy International.
The company acquired the outstanding common stock of Sealy for $2.20 a share and posted updated corporate investor information to its website Monday.
The company’s global headquarters will remain in Lexington.