Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu April 26, 2012
Swedish Woman Gets Invitation Meant For Official
Originally published on Thu April 26, 2012 9:21 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne with a story of Swedish hospitality. In Stockholm, an invitation to a dinner hosted by a government minister went to the wrong address. Meant for a former deputy prime minister, it went instead to a woman with the same name. A retired occupational therapist, she got gussied up and showed up, which is when her government host realized the mistake and seated her anyway. Asked about security concerns, a spokesman said their guards can handle retired ladies. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.