Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon March 22, 2010
Students Get Hands On Lesson At Archaeology Site
By Brenna Angel
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- – Hundreds of students from four Fayette County elementary schools are working a real archaeological dig at Raven Run Nature Sanctuary.
The fourth and fifth-graders are using trowels and sifters to find artifacts at the Prather House, a 19th century plantation house near the nature sanctuary.
Members of the Kentucky Archaeological Survey helped students unearth bricks, glass, and nails. Any artifacts they find will be cataloged at the University of Kentucky.