Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed February 26, 2014
State's Poet Laureate To Give Workshop
Budding poets will have a chance to work with Kentucky poet laureate Frank X Walker at a workshop in Bowling Green this weekend.
The Warren County Public Library is hosting the event from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. CST at the library's main branch. Assistant library director Ashley Fowlkes says Walker has been popular during previous events at the library. Fowlkes told the Daily News that Walker is "very talented" and "a great teacher."
Walker is a founding member of the Affrilachian Poets and writer in residence and lecturer of English at Northern Kentucky University. He has lectured, conducted workshops and read poetry at more than 300 national conferences and universities.
Admission to the workshop is free, but space is limited. To register, call (270) 781-4882 or email Jesse Knifley at firstname.lastname@example.org.