Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon October 14, 2013
State Sen. Kathy Stein Appointed To Judgeship
Democratic state Sen. Kathy Stein has been appointed to an open judgeship in Fayette County.
The move will mean the departure of one of Kentucky's most liberal lawmakers from the Legislature.
Gov. Steve Beshear made the appointment on Monday.
Stein had been in the state Senate since 2009. She also served in the House for 11 years, including a stint as chairman of the Judiciary Committee.
Beshear chose Stein over Lexington attorneys Carl David Devine and Christian Renau Worth who also were recommended by a judicial nominating committee. That committee was called on to review resumes of people interested in the judgeship and forward three names to Beshear.