Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri February 27, 2009
State Road Plan Vote Delayed
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – Earlier this week, Senate President David Williams indicated a revised road plan could be ready by today for House and Senate consideration, but that's not going to happen. "We're far away from having any kind of document ready."
Williams says legislative leaders are still studying various funding sources. "I would commend Secretary Prather and the cabinet for working very well with both the Senate and the House. And the governor has given them complete authority to work with us and we're doing the best we can in a very complex situation."
House Speaker Greg Stumbo says this is the most in-depth analysis of the road plan lawmakers have ever made. The revision is necessary because of legal questions that arose about the current road plan, which was approved after midnight on the last night of the 2008 session.