Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
Wed May 2, 2012
State Police Collect 644 Pounds Of Unwanted Meds
FRANKFORT, Ky. -- Kentucky State Police collected 644 pounds of unwanted prescription drugs during a four-hour event over the weekend.
The agency's 16 posts took part in the national "Take Back" initiative on Saturday. The locations were among 4,000 across the country that participated.
State Police Commissioner Rodney Brewer says by dropping off the medications, Kentuckians are keeping potentially dangerous drugs out of the wrong hands.