Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed May 2, 2012
State Police Collect 644 Pounds Of Unwanted Meds
FRANKFORT, Ky. -- Kentucky State Police collected 644 pounds of unwanted prescription drugs during a four-hour event over the weekend.
The agency's 16 posts took part in the national "Take Back" initiative on Saturday. The locations were among 4,000 across the country that participated.
State Police Commissioner Rodney Brewer says by dropping off the medications, Kentuckians are keeping potentially dangerous drugs out of the wrong hands.